Use your scraps of extra pie crust dough to make this simple treat.
To learn more about making great pie crust, visit the cooking class that inspired this recipe.
Scraps of pie crust pastry (Pâte Brisée) - re-combined into a ball
White or colored sugar to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, with the oven rack in the middle position.
2. Lightly flour your clean work surface and roll out the pastry dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat if needed. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies and place them on the baking sheet. They can be placed near each other - they will puff upward a bit, but they won't spread outward like cookies made from cookie dough.
4. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar, being careful not to spill too much on the baking sheet (where it can burn and smoke).
5. Bake for 10-14 minutes (depending on the size of cookie cutter you used), until they are puffed and the tops are turning slightly golden in places.