Made with mayonnaise and a little Dijon mustard (so many good things come from France!), it's simple and tastes great on a sandwich or with whole wheat crackers.
1 can Light or Skip Jack tuna (we prefer "packed in water" for this)
2-3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper if needed
Optional: chopped scallions or red onions (or other type of onion)
1. Carefully use a can-opener to remove the lid from the can. Don't throw the lid away! Have a grownup help you to hold the lid in place over the tuna and tip the can over the sink to drain all the water out of the can. Be very careful! It's easy to cut yourself on the sharp edge of the lid!
2. Empty the tuna into a medium bowl.
3. Add the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to the tuna.
4. Use a fork to mix everything together.
5. Add a little pepper to give it a little zing.
6. Have a tiny taste. Does it need a tiny sprinkle of salt? (Sometimes we think it does, but other times we think it's just right without. It can depend on the individual tuna you are eating, and how salty the water was that it was canned with.) Does it need a bit more Dijon mustard? Does it need more mayonnaise? Make any adjustments you think are needed. When it tastes so good you want to just keep eating it, it's done!
7. Add the chopped onions on top if you'd like.
8. Your Miracle Tuna is ready! Serve with whole wheat crackers.