Simple Oven Chicken Thighs
In recent years chicken breasts have been more stylish, but we love the humble dark meat of chicken thighs. White meat (like chicken breasts) is trickier to cook since it can dry out fast, and doesn't have much flavor. Dark meat (like thighs) is more forgiving and brings much more delicious chicken flavor to each dish.
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Optional: chopped herbs such as thyme, tarragon, parsley or oregano for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees with the oven rack in the middle position.
2. Place a flat rack in a shallow roasting pan or inside a rimmed cookie sheet. Lay the chicken thighs flat on the rack, leaving a little space between each thigh. Brush the thighs with olive oil.
3. Combine the salt and pepper in a small dish and sprinkle about half the mixture evenly over the chicken thighs.
4. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Flip the thighs over, brush with more olive oil and sprinkle with the rest of the salt and pepper.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with the chopped herbs if using.
7. Your Simple Chicken Thighs are ready!