We're no longer accepting applications for these positions. But we're rapidly growing and plan to do more hiring for other positions in 2018. If you missed out on this one, but think you + Adventure Kitchen = match made in heaven, we would love to know! Use the Contact Us button to reach out and introduce yourself. Thanks!
We're growing, and we need some help!
We're currently hiring contractors for the positions below. Working as a contractor means you'll mostly work from home on your own computer, and except for a few meetings, you can generally choose the hours you work.
We are looking for people to help in the following functions:
- Preparing weekly and other emails to our followers, including uploading photography, adding and testing links, and other content as needed.
- Assisting with MailChimp list management, including segmentation and opt-in processes.
- Assisting with implementation of content upgrades and welcome/nurture sequences for new subscribers, customized by interest.
- Administering our Squarespace website, including: migrating legacy content to updated content structure; assisting with publishing and testing new content; tagging, categorization and SEO; and problem-solving for new challenges as they arise.
Social Media Administrator
- Drafting and scheduling posts for Facebook and Instagram (to be finalized and published by Lynley). Working with features such as Instagram Stories, Facebook Messenger, Facebook video captions and other technologies.
- Managing our Pinterest account, including daily pinning of our own and other content, writing keyword-rich descriptions, managing boards and group boards and organizing pins and boards.
- Posting and managing video on YouTube.
Digital Asset Management
- Tracking task completion for online content.
- Organizing and managing image and content repository
Approximately 10-20 hours/week to start, dependent on scope of responsibilities, with the possibility of expanding to full-time within a year. Some meetings required; other than that, you set your own hours.
Strong preference for someone in the Montclair, NJ area. But if you are not local and you think you'd be a good fit for this role, we'd still love for you to submit an application. (Meetings can take place via Skype.)
- Team meeting every Monday morning to set priorities for the week, plus possible additional meetings as needed for special projects, and Friday check-in to synch up on final status and loose ends
- Work independently through the week to accomplish current tasks and priorities by set deadlines
- Proactively communicate status through the week (via email, Slack, Hangouts, Asana, Skype, etc.)
- Attend training and courses (usually online) as needed to learn new skills and tools. Adventure Kitchen pays for all course tuition and you will be compensated for your training time.
- Proactively expand the Adventure Kitchen knowledge base by researching tutorials and other resources, sharing that knowledge with the team, and applying it to improve current processes and results.
Who We're Looking For:
We're looking for people who are fun to work with, flexible, like new challenges, eager to learn new skills, and enjoy working in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment. You should be coachable, but also able to work with minimal supervision at times, prioritize your tasks and/or ask for help to prioritize workload where necessary, and be realistic with timelines. The ideal people for this work are quick learners with a logical mind, who enjoy problem-solving to achieve results. You should enjoy working collaboratively, and be a good team player open to new ideas, with good communication skills.
Prior experience in the specific functional areas listed above is a plus, but not required. But a strong work ethic and eagerness to dig in and learn are essential. A love of food is a strongly desired plus!
About Adventure Kitchen:
Adventure Kitchen is a young, exciting, growing, socially-responsible Montclair-based business, where we explore adventures in food for curious cooks of all ages. We're a purpose-driven business! We believe that food can be a positive gateway drug for people to connect to each other and the world around them, and this drives everything we do.
- We publish weekly recipe and blog content on our website, and share it in email, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- We lead summer camps and local parties and events, and we create online courses.
- We sell products in the Adventure Kitchen Store, currently online and soon, offline. And perhaps most exciting of all, we donate 10% of the profits from Adventure Kitchen-branded products to charity!
Here are our Adventure Kitchen Values, which guide the way we do everything we do.
Read more about me (Lynley) and Adventure Kitchen here.
Our compensation philosophy is that everyone should share in the wins as we grow! Depending on your goals, interests and performance, and our business results, this could mean things like bonuses, raises and/or full-time employment opportunities as we grow over time.
We are a small and rapidly growing business, evolving a little every day into a bigger, better and more awesome business to be a part of! Plus, we love food and have a lot of fun together!
If you'd like to be a part of this adventure, I'd love to hear from you.
1) If you think you'd be a good fit for this opportunity, fill out this short application. (By the way, if you would love to work for Adventure Kitchen, but this particular opportunity isn't right for you, click the Contact Us button on this page to let us know! We are planning to fill several other positions soon, and would love to keep you in mind for those.)
2) We'll be in touch soon about next steps. If we agree you might be a good fit, we'll arrange a time for you to meet with me (Lynley) and talk more about about this opportunity.
3) If we decide to move forward, we'll bring you on initially for a specific project, to be completed over the course of 2-3 weeks, at full pay. We may choose to offer this opportunity to more than one person. This will give us a chance to see how we like working together, and decide if we're truly a good fit to move forward.
4) If we decide to move forward, we'll bring you on as a permanent contractor at 10-20 hours/week, depending on your availability, the scope of your responsibilities, and the number of people hired. The ideal scenario will be one person at 20 hours/week, growing to 40 hours/week within a year. But sometimes things don't go as expected, so we are open to other arrangements! If it turns out that the best arrangement is to have more than one person share the responsibilities, working fewer hours each week per person, we're open to that!
Friday, April 6
Please share this!
If you're not the right person for this, but know someone who is, please share this with them!
Click the Contact Us button on this page to send me an email. I'll respond within 24 hours.